Thursday, June 18, 2009

Friday Fiction for June 19, 2009

For Friday Fiction this week, I thought I'd try something different. This post should have video included, and while the sync between audio and video from the web cam isn't great, I'm hoping you'll enjoy hearing me read the excerpt instead of just posting the text. This week's host for Friday Fiction is still up in the air as of this entry, so please check over at Patterings for where to find the links to some great reading.
.
Since several people expressed interest in knowing more about Freki and Geri from "Lana's Pack," I chose this chapter because it gives a nice insight into the dogs and into the theme of the story. Those who remember the previous excerpt from this story will likely remember the dogs were wearing collars when Lana first met them. Since that meeting, Lana figured out the collars had tracking devices implanted in them, and disposed of them in the hope of keeping Freki and Geri safe.
.
The reading takes about nine minutes, including the title and closing credits. I'm not planning on doing this frequently, but if you do enjoy it, please let me know. Likewise, if this seems troublesome for Friday Fiction, let me know that as well, so that I don't repeat a failed experiment.
.

2 comments:

Laury said...

Oh! Yes! Loved you reading to me! It hurts my eyes lots to read so I was excited to see what you did just for me, right? LOL. Love your story even though I did come in on the middle of it.

Reminds me, I need to go to the library and get some books on tape. I have books I long to read but just can't right now. Is frustrating.

Joanne Sher said...

I REALLY liked you reading it too, Rick! You have a soothing voice, and I'm loving your characters, as usual.